Sunday, April 20, 2014

Love Makes Me Cry


My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
I wrote a blog earlier today that I already deleted because tonight the Lord has set my heart on fire in a way I haven’t experienced in quite some time.  I’m just going to ramble in this post about how good God is, because He is.  We are the Easter people and Hallelujah is our song. 
In this past week I’ve had the joy of serving at the Altar of the Lord with my dear brother seminarians, holy priests of the diocese of Rockford, and our good and holy Bishop.  In that alone you can see how extremely blessed I am.  Before each service I went outside to hold the door and greet everyone as they came into the cathedral.   What a gift.  I got to see the smiles of people coming to take part in the greatest prayer of the Church, the Mass.  Such beautiful faith was shown to me just by their presence. 
I had the opportunity to pray with some of my friends in my limited down time this week as well and the Holy Spirit most definitely blessed my heart with His love.  Friendship is such a beautiful gift.    
I’m so blessed.  I can’t say it enough.  I want to shout from the rooftops that Jesus Christ has risen and that He loves me.  He loves you too.  Such a gift. 
Tonight I served the Easter Vigil Mass and the beauty of the sacraments kept my eyes tearing up all night.  We are joined by a number of new brothers and sisters through baptism tonight and in that we can rejoice that God has newly adopted children through the waters of grace.  Peace is flowing like a river. Seriously though. 
Who am I to witness such great love?  I am lowly sinner.  I mess up every day.  Yet, Jesus still fills my heart with His love. 

I long for all of you dear brothers and sisters to run to the Lord as He runs to you.  Open your heart.  He’ll fill it in ways that you do not even deserve, and that’s okay because He’s our Dad. 


 
Jesus is Risen Alleluia Alleluia


May God bless you all and have a blessed Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment