Saturday, April 19, 2014

This Applies to You


I went to bed at 2 a.m. last night because I was thinking about you.  Yeah, you.  For a long time people have seen me as the guy who has his stuff together.  I’m in the seminary so people think that living the faith is easy for me but I thought I’d share with you that it is not always so easy and in that I want you to know that you’re not alone.

I’m writing this for all of you who used to go to Mass but went to college and eased away from it.  I’m writing this for those of you who wish you prayed more but don’t know how, or who never had someone to pray with.  I’m writing this for those of you who left the church because there was a teaching that you struggled with and no one was there to talk to about it with kindness and love.  I’m writing this for those of you who don’t know what you believe, because I know how alone that can make a person feel.

Normally the people who give me feedback on my blogs are the uber-Christians from twitter and sure that’s great but those of you who are in a different place in your faith journey are important too. 

My spring break began about a week ago and I’ve had the extreme pleasure of talking with a lot of people about Jesus.  I’ve spoken at a small Catholic grade school where by the time I was leaving they were screaming that they were going to miss me.  I’ve spoken to an older group of women who have switched to a non-denominational church because they felt they are more welcoming.  I’ve spoken to a few sets of parents that are solid Catholics living the faith greater than I could imagine.  I went to my grandfather’s funeral and spoke with my faithfully struggling family.  I’ve also flipped through my year book praying for all of the people I went to high school with hoping that they know how much God loves them.

God created all of us because He loves us.  This connects all of us even if we don’t recognize it.  That’s hard.  Really hard.  In praying for a ton of my old friends something kept coming to mind and that was the rough moments I’ve had in the last few years.  I’ve had difficulties in friendships, pain of oral exams, loved ones passing away, and loneliness at school.  Each time the first place I’d go is the chapel to unload all of my feelings and hurts and Our Lord healed them. Slowly but surely.  It breaks my heart thinking that some people do not have that opportunity because of one of the reasons I put above, disagreements with the Church, boredom at Mass, or those people who just have loss the closeness to the heart of God as they got older.  If any of those are you I just want you to know I’m here.  I want to talk to you.  I want to pray for you.  I want to pray with you.  Even though I can pray for you God desires most to hear your voice.  He’s calling out to you in every moment hoping for you to call back.  Even if you don’t think this is true, or if you haven’t felt it lately I’m here to chat with you.  I’m not going to shove the faith down your throat, but I will ask you questions AND I’m not afraid to tell you the doctrine of the Church.  I promise I’ll share it with love and kindness though.  Why am I pushing this?  Because you deserve to have someone to talk to about God, no matter where you are, without fear of being judged. 

Feel free to email me anytime at robertclarkblood@gmail.com and I’ll respond about anything; and if you have prayer requests send them here and I will offer up specific prayers for them.  Also please share this blog with anyone who you think could use someone to chat with about the faith, or who could use prayers. 

May God bless you and keep you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment